Delaney & Muncey, P.C. regularly represents the interests of individuals, businesses and insurance companies in a wide-variety of civil litigation.
Our attorneys draw on their extensive knowledge and experience in the core areas of the firm's practice -- real estate, business, probate law and trial advocacy -- to produce excellent results for our clients.
The Litigation Practice Group of Delaney & Muncey, P.C. handles litigations involving:
Our litigation practice includes all phases of litigation, including:
- Counseling and representation at the initial stages of a dispute, or after an incident or accident
- Making or responding to claims, complaints or demands
- Handling settlement negotiations, drafting and negotiating settlement agreements
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Representation in Massachusetts state and Federal trial courts, including District Court, Superior Court, Probate and Family Court, Housing Court, Land Court, and the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Depositions, subpoenas and discovery
- Hearings, trials and appeals
- Collection and enforcement of judgments
"Business litigation" involves a variety of disputes that arise between and among individuals or companies engaged in business transactions or commerce with each other.
The Business Litigation Practice Group of Delaney and Muncey, P.C. has experience in successfully handling the following types of business litigation:
- Breach of contract
- Intentional interference with contractual relations
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Fraud by and between partnerships, corporations and their directors, officers, employees and shareholder, and limited liability companies and their managers and members
- Partnership disputes
- Shareholder derivative suits
- Accounting actions
- Enforcement of loans, promissory notes, security agreements, mortgages, preferred ship mortgages, and other agreements used in the finance of commercial transactions
- Commercial collections
Business litigation matters are handled by Attorney Joseph J. Coppola.
REAL ESTATE LITIGATION
Delaney & Muncey, P.C. is well-known and respected for their work on the South Shore, the Cape and Islands involving real estate transactions, zoning and title work. We also represent clients in disputes that arise over rights to land and its use. Typical cases handled by our Real Estate Practice Group involve:
- Landlord / Tenants
- Commercial Leases
- Residential Leases
- Actions for nonpayment of rent
- Actions by Tenants to recover security deposits
- Real Estate Attachments
- Lis Pendens
- Boundary and Title Disputes
- Petitions to Partition Land
- Adverse Possession Claims
- Enforcement of:
- Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Offers to Purchase
- Options to Purchase Interests in Land
- Mortgage Foreclosures
- Interpleader Actions
Construction litigation encompasses a variety of business litigation that tends to follow typical patterns owing to standard contracts and practices in the construction industry.
Delaney & Muncey, P.C.'s attorneys have experience representing owners, developers, contractors and sureties in construction litigation in the following areas:
- Claims of breach of AIA contracts
- Mechanic's Liens
- Change orders and extras claims
- Defective work claims
- Delay claims
Construction litigation matters are handled by Attorney Joseph J. Coppola.
Most Wills and Trusts are administered without any problems, especially when the product of a good estate plan prepared with the assistance of an experienced estate planning attorney.
On occasion, however, disputes arise. "Probate litigation" can arise, for example, when heirs or beneficiaries differ as to the meaning of specific language in a Will or Trust, or if an executor, trustee or other fiduciary oversteps his/her authority in making distributions from the assets of an estate or trust.
Delaney & Muncey, P.C. can assist you in the creation of an estate plan to minimize the chances of such a dispute arising. When such disputes do arise, Delaney & Muncey, P.C.'s practice in the area of probate litigation includes:
- Representation of executors, trustees, heirs and beneficiaries in disputes and challenges involving Wills and Trusts
- Petitions to compel fiduciary accountings
- Objections to probate accounts
- Pursuit and defense of petitions to remove fiduciaries
Probate litigation matters are handled by Attorney Joseph J. Coppola.
Delaney & Muncey, P.C. offers representation to individuals who may suffer harm as a result of transactions that they make as consumers whenever buying or contracting for:
- Credit for personal, family or household use
Members of the Delaney & Muncey, P.C. Consumer Protection Practice Group represent individuals involving the following areas of consumer protection:
Unfair business practices in violation of G.L. c. 93A, the Massachusetts Consumer Protection Act, including:
- Breach of warranty
- Unfair claims settlement practices by insurance companies
The Massachusetts Home Improvement Contractor Act, G.L. C. 142A, including:
- Claims against licensed home improvement contractors for incomplete and defective work
Consumer protection litigation matters are handled by Attorney Joseph J. Coppola.
PERSONAL INJURY and PROPERTY DAMAGE
Delaney and Muncey, P.C.'s attorneys have experience in defending and pursuing the following types of personal injury and property damage claims:
- Vehicle Accidents
- Trespass onto Private Property
- Tree Cutting
- Dog Bites
- Slip and Fall
- Insurance Claims
Personal Injury matters are handled by Attorney Joseph J. Coppola.