Medicaid is a needs-based program funded by the federal government that is managed by each State. The Medicaid program in Massachusetts is also referred to as MassHealth.
Delaney & Muncey, P.C. has extensive experience in the preparation of Medicaid applications for:
- Long-term care facilities/nursing homes; or
- Community based waiver program;
Delaney & Muncey, P.C. is very experienced in the areas of estate planning and Medicaid planning and will work with our Client to protect the applicant's assets, if possible.
As part of the estate-planning or Medicaid process Delaney & Muncey will:
- Review the applicant's assets and determine the projected treatment of each asset by Medicaid;
- Discuss protection of the applicant's assets;
- Review possible alternatives to long-term care placement;
- Provide our Client with a listing of information routinely required for the Medicaid application;
- Discuss issues of the applicant gifting money or other assets; review the look-back period to determine any potential disqualifications;
- Quote a flat fee at the initial meeting with the Client;
- Prepare the application and submit all supporting documentation and exhibits to the appropriate MassHealth Enrollment Center;
- Work with our Client with follow-up on any additional information requested by MassHealth.